Working In Cooperating With:
Bright Minds Tutorials, Inc.
Casa Calabria Restaurant
Fun with Pads
Marriott Delray Beach
Marriott Hollywood Beach
Mind Body 954
Happy Holidays from the Kids can Board of Directors!
Thank you! Thank you for making 2015 a HUGE success for Kids Can. This year was the biggest year so far for Kids Can, we raised over $18,000, and our list of accomplishments would not be this great if it wasn’t for you and your kids!
In 2015 you made it possible for us to:
- MAKE LUNCHES! And did we ever! Bread, peanut butter, jelly, go! This year we had extra help from our new friends at the law firm of Dell & Schaefer as they donated supplies and their board room for our assembly line crew! So, we made 1000s of lunches for families at the Broward Outreach Center and the Jubilee Center of South Broward!
- Deliver carts full of housewares, kitchen supplies, bedding, books, games and more to the families at the S.O.S. Children’s Village.
- Walk, run and stroll through 5k races such as the Flipany Fun Run, the I Care, I Cure, I Run, the Turkey Trot and more!
- Raise over $8,000 at our second annual Mom’s Night Out. Although no kids were allowed at this party, you came out on a rainy May evening to show your support for Kids Can. Our vendors, sponsors and you made it possible for us to enjoy a fabulous night of cocktails, music, food and of course shopping all for a great cause!
- Pack those backpacks. 1000s of them! We made so many trips to Feeding South Florida, that we were able to run the show! Our Kids Can kids sorted and packed 100,000s of pounds of food for families in the quad county area!
- Set up artistic activities for the kids visiting the Miami Children’s Hospital in an effort to make their trip a little less scary.
- Cut hair! Yes! Our Second Annual Back to School in Style event was a huge success. From haircuts and backpacks to manicures and special snacks, we raised enough money to fill backpacks, buy new clothes and even new shoes! A huge thank you to Emerald Hills Pharmacy for sponsoring this fun event!
- Be featured on CBS 4 in Orlando for our hard work and volunteer efforts!
- Wear jeans! Businesses throughout south Florida, including Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A. wore their best jeans to work to raise money for Kids Can.
- Win an awesome scholarship from Florida Peninsula Insurance, with the help of Annette Willis Insurance and you! Those scholarship funds helped us send local kids to day camps for sports and the arts!
- Start our Just a Quarter Campaign. We learned that for just $.25 we could buy breakfast for a child who otherwise may not have anything to eat before lunch. The final total isn’t even in yet, but we already donated $2,000 to Feeding South Florida to benefit their backpack program. This program provides 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 snacks to children in Broward County Schools over the weekend. A huge thank you to Annette Willis Insurance for sponsoring our Just a Quarter Campaign and helping us supply over 50 collection boxes.
- Hold our first ever Lend a Hand with Kids Can Event. On Black Friday, over 60 kids participated in our event at the Young at Art Museum. We started the afternoon with a refreshing yoga class taught by Ms. Jessica. Next, we created our own wrapping paper which was used to wrap gifts for children in need. Then we decorated holiday cards with the Red Cross to be sent to our troops overseas. Later, over 250 lunches were made for families who visit the Broward Outreach Center. We raised over $2,000 which enabled us to donate much needed funds to the Young at Art Museum so that children who cannot afford the admission price to the Museum, can receive free tickets
- Deliver over 100 toys to children in need who participate in ArtHouse. ArtHouse is a partnership with the Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale and the Community Foundation of Broward. ArtHouse is a safe place for students and adults to participate in art projects, complete homework, or just hang out.
- Participate at every Kids Can event in fun exercise activities with great leaders like JustinFit, Cory and Ms. Jessica, and enjoy healthy snacks and we make new friends!